- To book any trip, 30% will be charged at the time of booking, and the remaining amount will be charged 24 hours prior to your trip (except in the case of cash payments, which will be made prior to boarding).
- A credit card must be registered as a guarantee at the time of booking.
- A charge will be made to your credit card as soon as your reservation is confirmed. This process is normally completed after 24 hours of sending your reservation.
- Before boarding, $300 USD will be blocked on your credit card as a security deposit and will be unlocked at the end of the trip. This blocked amount will only be charged if damages to the boat or its accessories should occur derived from the misuse or negligence of any of the passengers.
- Prior to boarding, the marina fee and taxes will be collected in cash.
At The Yacht Experiences we understand that the current situation regarding COVID-19 can cause unexpected changes to your travel plans, so we offer a 100% refund for cancellations due to COVID-19, as long as it is duly justified.
Changes and/or cancellations by airlines due to COVID-19, must be notified and justified at least 24 hours before departure.
Weather conditions such as rain, wind or clouds are not a reason or justification for cancelling the trip. Cancellations due to weather are solely a decision which can be made by The Yacht Experiences, and the customer will be notified via email or phone before the tour begins. If a cancellation is due to risky weather conditions and The Yacht Experiences is unable to reschedule for another date, a full refund will be made to the client.
- If the weather is not nice: if it starts to rain, if it gets cloudy, if it is too hot or too cold, if there is lightning, wind or waves, or if you cannot do the snorkeling activity. The weather in the Caribbean changes frequently. Even if you look at the weather forecast and a cloudy day with wind or rain is indicated, don’t worry.
The reasons are as follows:
- First of all, most meteorological systems give incorrect forecasts in the area because the climate is very changeable in the Riviera Maya. We are experts in navigation, and we are always aware of weather updates at all times, through different sources of information. If anyone can determine whether a tour will take place, it’s us. We will let you know if the weather is not suitable for going out.
- Where it may be raining or cloudy at your hotel, some 20 minutes away, it could be sunny at the marina in Puerto Aventuras. The climate changes in different areas of the Riviera Maya.
- It is usually always sunnier at sea than on land. It may be cloudy or drizzling on land, but once the boat goes out to the sea the conditions change and everyone can enjoy the sun.
- Here, just outside the marina of Puerto Aventuras, we have another great advantage, which is a protected area with beautiful sandbanks, where we can take you and anchor up in case of high winds. This way, you get to enjoy the yacht, bar, snorkeling and swimming activities, and have an amazing experience.
- Yachting in the Caribbean, even on a rainy day, is a wonderful experience as the sea temperature never changes due to the weather. It is a magical experience to be swimming, chatting and having fun on a sandbank in the middle of the sea in the rain. If this were the case, you will see that it is worth every single minute.
- If someone gets dizzy during the tour.
- If the trip ends early, due to illness or on request of the client.
- If we run out of any kind of drink or food due to unusually high consumption.
- If due to the negligence of the client, he or she suffers any type of accident.
- If there is any disagreement with the service during the tour.
- If there is any disagreement from the client regarding the safety regulations of the boat during the tour.
For any reason related to the COVID-19 that affects the trip, 100% will be reimbursed, up until the day of the trip. Proof is required.
Refund policy for customer cancellation:
- If the cancellation is made more than 30 days prior to the experience, 80% will be refunded.
- If the cancellation is made between 15 and 30 days prior to the experience, 50% will be refunded.
- If the cancellation is made less than 15 days prior to the experience, there the experience will be nonrefundable.
- If the client does not show up on the day of travel, no refunds or changes will be permitted.
- If the client is late at the indicated check-in and boarding time, it will not be possible to make up or refund the time which has already occurred. The tour starts and ends at a specified time.
In the event that the client wishes to reschedule the activity, he or she may reschedule or change the date up to 12 hours (at the latest) prior to the tour. This shall incur a penalty of 30% of the total cost, plus any update to the current price, where applicable, and is subject to availability of The Yacht Experiences.
Changes to reservations or cancellations can be requested via email or by calling +1 800 282 7153 (toll free) from the United States or Canada, or + (52) 984 195 0104, from Mexico. All requested changes will be subject to availability.
In promotions or special prices no changes are allowed.
Reasons for cancellation by the company: the only causes of cancellation of the trip by the company are:
- If the vessel is unable to set sail on time due to severe weather conditions, our very first priority will be to try to reschedule your booking. Such a situation could lead to either a delay or a cancellation. We are eager to make your experience a reality, but as boat experts your safety comes first. Our experience, combined with the very best possible methods of determining the weather conditions go into the process of making a preliminary decision to delay a launch. We then continue to keep an eye on the radar and other reliable methods of determining the most accurate weather forecast in our local region. Please note that local weather can and does change frequently – we will only cancel the launch if we have exhausted every option and the weather conditions are severe enough to put you, our guests, staff and yacht in danger.
- If weather conditions are severe and we do make the decision to cancel your trip, we will refund 100% of your deposit immediately.
- If there is a breakdown or the boat needs maintenance before the trip. Should any of these situations occur, the company will aim to change the date, or the vessel. If this is not possible, the 100% of the experience will be refunded.
- If the company detects risks derived from COVID-19 and related factors in the area.
- If during a tour the boat has any mechanical issue that prevents the trip from continuing, an attempt will be made to change the boat, or a coupon will be provided to enjoy the same experience on another date or at an alternative schedule with transportation included. Otherwise, we shall proceed to reimburse the unused time within a maximum period of 24 business hours.
Prices and Exchange Rate
- The published prices are in American dollars, as is the fee applied to credit cards. If your credit card is not in dollars, the exchange rate will be established and applied by your bank.
- The Yacht Experiences wants you to feel as safe as possible when making an online purchase. For this reason, we use SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology, protecting the information on your card when you book tours. This safeguard process prevents other people from gaining access to information transmitted over the internet. Once received, your card information is not transmitted over the network again.
- In order to check in on the day of your tour, it is obligatory to present the credit card used to make the booking, along with official ID.
Any violation of these points is grounds for cancellation of the trip without the right to any type of refund:
- The consumption of drugs or narcotics is prohibited.
- Improper use of alcohol is prohibited.
- Children under 6 years old are prohibited to be alone in any part of the vessel.
- It is prohibited to throw any type of food or object into the sea.
- It is prohibited to stand anywhere other than on the floor of the boat.
- It is prohibited to jump into the water without prior authorization from the crew.
- It is prohibited to separate from the group while snorkeling if not previously authorized.
- Swimming is prohibited if the person has consumed alcohol without moderation.
- Swimming below the boat is prohibited.
- It is forbidden to touch any navigation device of the ship or any of its controls.
- Extra hours may be requested during the tour subject to availability and authorization with a cost of $300 USD per hour.
- If returning to port is delayed more than 15 minutes due to the client, he or she will automatically be charged an extra hour at a cost of $300 USD.
Damages to the Vessels
The customers accepts and recognizes that they are responsible for the good state and use of the vessel, and agree to cover the cost of any damage on the vessel its accessories or finishes derived from negligence, bad usage or misconduct of any passenger during the trip. The customers accept that the credit card registered at the time of the booking will be used to cover any damage, and accepts to be charged. In the case of any damage The Yacht Experiences will send and email to the customer with the proven evidence of the damage within 48 business hours after the trips is concluded.