Terms & Conditions
The Yacht Experiences TM (hereinafter referred to as “TYE”) is a registered trademark of Toto Rentals S de RL de CV, Mexican Tour Operator based in the Mayan Riviera, registered under Mexican Tax ID TRE1012152J0 and business address at Avenida Paseo Tulum Mz 19, Lt 3, Local 26, Playacar Fase II, Playa Del Carmen, Solidaridad, Quintana Roo, 77710.
WHAT DOES “THE YACHT EXPERIENCES” SELL
The Yacht Experiences offers “Nautical Experiences” including: culinary experience, top-shelf bar, chef on board, highly-trained-crew service, along with other amenities and gorgeous views of the Caribbean Sea. At The Yacht Experiences we DO NOT rent specific yachts/catamarans, nor do we sell tours or specific itineraries. At The Yacht Experiences we are committed to providing the most incredible experience of your life, onboard one of our vessels in the beautiful Caribbean Ocean.
This being so, by booking with us you are hereby aware of and agree to the following:
During the reservation process you are able to select a vessel from our fleet, however a change in vessel might occur without prior notice up until boarding. A change of vessel does not affect the “Nautical Experience” you are booking with us. If the new vessel provided has a higher price, you will not be charged extra. If the new vessel provided has a lower price, we will adjust the price and you will be charged the corresponding amount.
During the reservation process you are able to select one of the Experiences we offer. However, The Yacht Experiences do not sell a precise itinerary or a specific tour. To offer you the best and most comfortable Experience, the final itinerary will be decided on and provided by The Yacht Experiences on the same day of your experience, depending on different factors such as weather conditions, ocean conditions and regulatory conditions from the nautical authorities. Changing the itinerary does not affect the “Nautical Experience” you are booking with us.
By placing an order or agreeing to charter with TYE, you acknowledge that you have read and understood these terms and conditions and that you agree to be strictly bound by them. A contract exists as soon as we receive your deposit and issue our confirmation. It is essential that you check the details on your confirmation thoroughly to ensure that it is accurate. If there are any mistakes or discrepancies, you must contact us immediately.
A minimum 30% deposit is required upon booking. You might be required to make a deposit of between 50% and 100%, depending on the year, season and/or vessel availability. The outstanding balance must be paid upon arrival to the dock and before boarding the yacht.
A credit card must be registered as a guarantee at the time of booking, accompanied by a picture of the Cardholder’s Official ID and a picture of the credit card used.
A charge will be made to your credit card as soon as your reservation is confirmed. This process is normally completed after 24 hours of sending your reservation.
Prior to boarding, the marina fee and taxes will be collected in cash.
Before boarding, we will provide you with a waiver form to be read and signed by each Passenger. Your full name, email, phone number, and a selfie are required in order to make sure each passenger fills out his or her own waiver.
Experience Departure Time
We urge all our guests to plan ahead to be sure they arrive on time, preferably 15 minutes prior to the tour departure time. This is because we often have two tours a day that run back-to-back, and we need to start our tours on time.
If you arrive an hour late therefore, you will still be able to go on your tour, however you will lose an hour of your scheduled time.
If you are late due to our transportation running late, we will extend the tour or reimburse you.
Service Charge and Tips
Our crew is luxury-trained and highly-qualified. A minimum gratuity of 10%, 15% or 20% is expected for the crew if you are satisfied with the service.
This can be paid in cash on completion of your trip, or can be charged to your credit card before boarding.
Damage to Vessels
The customer accepts and recognizes that they are responsible for proper use of vessel and ensuring that it remain in a good state, and agree to cover the cost of any damage caused to the vessel, its accessories or finishes, derived from negligence, misuse or misconduct of any passenger during the trip. The customer accepts that any of the credit cards registered at the time of the booking will be used to cover any such damage, and accepts such charges to be made thereto. In the event of any damage, The Yacht Experiences will send an email to the customer with evidence of the damage within 48 business hours after the trip is concluded.
Changing Your Booking (RESCHEDULING RULES AND FEES)
If you want to change any details of your charter you must inform TYE of the new details immediately and we will do our best to reschedule the trip. If no suitable time is available, our cancellation policy will apply.
In the event that the client wishes to reschedule the activity, he or she may reschedule or change the date, in accordance with the following rules:
– If a request to reschedule the trip is received between 24 hours and 7 days before the experience, a 10% rescheduling fee will apply. The customer allows The Yacht Experiences to apply the booking deposit as the cancellation fee and/or to charge such fee directly to the registered credit card.
– If a request to reschedule the trip is received less than 24 hours prior to the experience, a 20% rescheduling fee will apply. The customer allows The Yacht Experiences to apply the booking deposit as the cancellation fee and/or to charge such fee directly to the registered credit card.
Changes to reservations or cancellations can be requested via email or by calling +1 800 282 7153 (toll free) from the United States or Canada, or + (52) 984 195 0104, from Mexico. All requested changes will be subject to availability.
No changes are permitted in the case of promotions or special prices.
In the event that the client selects an alternative vessel, and such vessel is offered at a higher price, the client must pay the price difference. If the new vessel has a lower price, no discount will be made by The Yacht Experiences.
Please check our Cancellation Policies at: Click Here
Our yachts are obligated to have hull insurance, civil liability insurance and accident insurance cover for all passengers and crew. If the yacht is damaged, the client is obligated to cover the repair expenses up to the amount of safety deposit. Repair costs which exceed the safety deposit are covered by the insurance company. In the case of negligence or any damage which is not reported, the client must cover all the expenses.
Passengers’ insurance does not cover accidents, injuries or death due to risky sports such as swimming, windsurfing, paddle boarding, wave runners, scuba diving, fishing and snorkeling, among other activities.
Accidental damage, death and injury
Any water activity implies risks. The consumption of illegal drugs is strictly forbidden during the charter. The consumption of alcohol increases the risk of injury or death in water and on boats. TYE will be held harmless from any and all claims or liability for property damage, personal injury or death arising from or related to, directly or indirectly, the usage of the boat, water accessories and activities related to the yacht.
The price of your cruise is fully guaranteed and will not be subject to any surcharges. Whilst we reserve the right to increase or decrease our prices at any time, once you have booked your cruise and paid the deposit, the price shown on your invoice is fully guaranteed.
Prices and Exchange Rate
- The published prices are in American dollars, as is the fee applied to credit cards. If your credit card is not in dollars, the exchange rate will be established and applied by your bank.
- The Yacht Experiences wants you to feel as safe as possible when making an online purchase. For this reason, we use SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology, protecting the information on your card when you book tours. This safeguard process prevents other people from gaining access to information transmitted over the internet. Once received, your card information is not transmitted over the network again.
- In order to check in on the day of your tour, it is obligatory to present the credit card used to make the booking, along with official ID.
Any violation of these points is grounds for cancellation of the trip without the right to any type of refund:
- The consumption of drugs or narcotics is prohibited.
- Improper use of alcohol is prohibited.
- Children under 6 years old are prohibited to be alone in any part of the vessel.
- It is prohibited to throw any type of food or object into the sea.
- It is prohibited to stand anywhere other than on the floor of the boat.
- It is prohibited to jump into the water without prior authorization from the crew.
- It is prohibited to separate from the group while snorkeling if not previously authorized.
- Swimming is prohibited if the person has consumed alcohol without moderation.
- Swimming below the boat is prohibited.
- It is forbidden to touch any navigation device of the ship or any of its controls.
- Additional hours may be requested during the tour subject to availability and authorization. Costs vary according to each vessel.
- If returning to port is delayed by more than 15 minutes because of the client, he or she will automatically be charged an extra hour.